Business Visa Application
Canada offers tremendous opportunities to foreigners who want to do business in Canada. Every year, thousands of ambitious business people grace our shores and there is certainly no reason why you can not be among them.
The objective of the Business Immigration Program is to encourage investment and employment in Canada through the migration of people who have the ability to successfully establish or invest in a business in Canada.
5 Main Categories to Business Visas in Canada
Individuals with business/managerial experience and relatively high net-worth may apply for a Canadian permanent residence under the Canada Business Immigration Program in one of the following four sub-categories:
- 1. Investors
- 2. Entrepreneurs
- 3. Self Employed Persons
- 4. PNP Business Programs
- 5. Corporate Immigration
1. Start-Up Visa Investor Program
When looking to immigrate to Canada as an investor, the best option available is to apply for the general Start-up Visa Program. You will have to meet certain requirements for your application to be successful by being innovative, creating jobs for Canadians and being able to compete internationally.
Requirements for Investors
To qualify for the Start-up Visa, applicants must:
- 1. Have a qualifying business
- 2. Demonstrate intermediate knowledge in both English and French (CBL5)
- 3. Get a letter of support from a designated institution (Receive a minimum funding commitment of $200,000 CDN from a designated Venture Capital Organization, $75,000 from an approved Angel Investor, or Business Incubator)
- 4. Bring enough money to settle in Canada